How to clean a burnt stainless steel pot

What a way to welcome my new year! I boiled some lemons this afternoon for my ration of weekly lemon concentrate but forgot that I had the stove on. I ended up with not only no concentrate (as the liquids all boiled off), I got myself a burnt pot - to my very horror!


Before dismissing to myself for such a bad start to the year, I took a deep breath and started to search on YouTube for guide videos on how to clean burnt pots or pans. I followed a very simple instruction and got rid of the burnt pieces easily. It was so easy I just have to share it here, in case anyone gets a burnt pot scenario.

1. Pour enough water to cover all the burnt marks and put the pot back to the stove.


To be honest, I was quite skeptical about putting anything back on the stove, after how I absent-mindedly forgotten about it. This time around, I was vigilant and stood beside the stove.

2. Pour in some detergent or dish washer powder or liquid into the water. Allow the mixture to boil.


Again, I was pretty skeptical. I kept a close eye, never the less.

3. After the mixture starts boiling, switch it off and let the mixture cool a bit. The burnt marks and pieces would then easily fall off your stainless steel pot.


I did not need to wait for long as the burnt pieces came off rather easily. Just be careful with the hot mixture. Use gloves or run the pot under cold water before attempting to reach the bottom of the pot. Also, a scourer can be helpful to get rid of the tiny bits.

And voila, a clean pot!


Comments

Popular Posts