More quinoa meal prep for the week


This week, I am inspired to do another round of meal prep for my workplace lunch. Meal preps have been a popular method for the health savvy people who want to eat clean and healthy. Many Asian moms may frown at this idea of preparing a whole week's worth of meals in one afternoon. But being a modernised Asian, I think it is better to prepare from scratch and freeze them than eating some instant, highly processed meal which have high sugar, sodium and preservatives content.

As usual, the quinoa is cooked in a pot while I prepare other ingredients. 


This week, I bought my groceries in a rush because I was famished when I went through the grocery store. I picked up some carrots and minced meat. I left the mushrooms out because they were selling so much more expensive than the other grocery place I used to get from.

My additional ingredient is the purple sweet potato from Serikin. I had them steam for 15 minutes and cut into bite pieces. Talk about colours!


For the minced meat and carrot, I stirred fry them in an array of spices and flavourings - curry powder, pepper, paprika, soy sauce, fish sauce and a pinch of salt. I usually do not measure these seasonings as I just go with the flow and instinct.


Simple it seems, I divided the whole lot into five portions. They are just sufficient from Monday to Friday. Will I get bored of eating the same thing every day for lunch? I probably would, but I usually get so famished by lunch hour that I would not mind savouring on any dish!







Comments

Popular Posts